We have developed a straightforward test concept adaptable for your needs. Our concept includes tests of feed and additives as well as feeding strategies for piglets. We provide tests for parts of or the whole weaning period.
The test facilities allow:
- Comparisons of up to 4 different products
- Comparisons of the same products in different variations, for example: different degrees of processing (grinding, pressing, heat treatment etc.)
- Dose response test of up to 4 doses of nutrients or additives or other combinations of factors and levels.
We register the following basic parameters:
- Weight:-The weight of the piglet after 2 weeks (shift from start- to transition feed) -The weight of the piglets after 6 weeks (final weight)
- -The weight of the piglet after 4 weeks (shift from transition- to final mix)
- -The weight of the piglet at weaning (start weight)
- Feed consumption:
- -Feed consumed in the start-, transition and final period per group.
- Medicine used
- Percentage of dead piglets
- The number of diarrhea treatments
We use traditional data entry tools. The results are calculated according to scientifically recognized methods.
In a design with 2-4 treatment groups and 16 replicates per group, we can demonstrate the following practical differences (LS-means):
Week 1 – 2: Average daily gain: 30 g/per day
Feed utilization: 0.09 kg feed/kg growth
Week 1 – 6: Average daily gain: 30 g/per day
Feed utilization: 0.05 kg feed/kg feed Growth